Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to decrease time in applying make up?

Or getting ready? I have been able to streamline some of it for just everyday but not for events or when I have to look better than just going to the store or out and about.





This is what I do now. Shower and moisturize. Blow dry my hair if I didn't wash it the night before (then I let it air dry). I have thick hair but it dries fast and I have an ionic dryer so it's about 5 minutes. My hair is long layers and I put the top up in big hot rollers then apply my make up.





Mascara, eyeliner on bottom, one shadow on top, quick swipe of Advanced Radiance foundation, lipstick followed by gloss, curl eyelashes and then one more coat of mascara. Total time is about another 5-8 minutes. Take out rollers, finger comb and spray voluminizing spray. Shake and I'm done.





Everyone has some things they like and don't like. I have clear skin and don't need blush, powder, concealer or highlighter (though I use it for night). But, I have blonde skimpy lashes and a thin upper lip. So I spend the most time trying to look like I actually have lashes and I put plumper on my upper lip followed by the lipstick, a dot of gold in the center, then the gloss so they will match my fuller bottom lip.





It takes me forever to get ready for a night time event it seems. Full rollers all over my hair (don't need to straighten it first), undereye concealer or brightener, more coats of mascara on upper and lower (which have to be done so carefully and combed out for clumps), Photo Finish primer, really blending foundation but still allowing my natural blush to show through as I despise blush or bronzers on me, dotting highlighter, shadow primer, using 2-3 eye shadows, lip primer, lip liner on top of the the lip products, etc. Probably about 45 minutes which I hate. I like to be out the door fast without a lot of fussing. Any tips on how to decrease all of that?





Plus, are there any real hair styles that are wash, fluff, and go? Because I don't need to straighten and my hair dries so fast, I have always wanted to skip spending so much time on my hair. It's thick but fine, natural blonde, straight, and I have a heart shaped face. I don't mind bangs or without. Right now they are long side bangs that could use cutting or I can grow them out. My hair also grows very fast. Any ideas on that?





The reason is that I travel quite a bit and sometimes have to get ready really fast but my photo will be taken so I don't want to look like I didn't spend ANY time on grooming either.How to decrease time in applying make up?
Try scrunching your hair. After you towel dry your hair, add some scrunching spray (Aussie works best!) to your hair and scrunch from the bottom up. Just shake your hair and go!





Good Luck! Hope this helped! :D





Also, try just leaving your hair the way it naturally is, if you run out of styles.How to decrease time in applying make up?
bangs take time to manage, so don't cut them. Let them grow out and get a sort of 60s style, long and straight. it'll be pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment