Saturday, December 26, 2009

If I just wanted to learn how to apply make-up and learn how to pick it ex. blending and mixing?

I am really interested in Make-up, I would love to take a class for MAC, Clinique, or Sephora that teaches you how to, the history, and ways to use it. I live in Los Angeles, any class reasonable nothing hollywood but something for fun.If I just wanted to learn how to apply make-up and learn how to pick it ex. blending and mixing?
Just check out youtube. I can honestly say that there are MANY very skilled people on there that will teach you a lot for free! My favorites are...





xsparkage


EnKoreMakeup


pursebuzz


panacea81





and if you'd like product reviews, twixtbetwixt and pinkiecharm are great for that.





There are MANY others, but those are a good foundation for starting off.





I'd also suggest going out and buying some cheap makeup and brushes to play around with. That way you can find out how to do things yourself without spending a lot of money.





I don't really suggest going to a counter anywhere as some of those people are really lacking in the skill department. Not to say that all aren't good at it, but there are many that do not know what they are doing beyond slapping on some eyeliner or picking out their favorite foundation and using it. I've had a couple poor experiences at MAC counters with people that didn't really know what they were doing.If I just wanted to learn how to apply make-up and learn how to pick it ex. blending and mixing?
of course honey go to the mac,sepohra,lancome etc counters and they will walk you step by step through how to apply and blend they'll show you everything you wanna know. My personal experience taught me that you learn through trial and error...dont be scared to play with your makeup and see what works best for you..you can also try to catch the late night tv specials makeup enformercials...or you could always take a class but i doubt its that serious...good luck
yeah i agree with inspectedbysurgeon. watching people on youtube can help out alot. here are some really good people to watch.





panacea81


xsparkage


vintageortacky


misschevious


petrilude





there are tons more but these people are my top 5 :)





oh and alot of the people use eyeshadow palettes from coastalscent.com or ebay. if you buy one of these you can re-create lots of looks that they do on there. its alot cheaper than buying alot of mac shadows, and other high end makeup brands. i think the coastal scents 88 palettes, or the 120 pro palette from ebay would be great to start out with.
These high-end names don't do this, I don't think anyone does. You could probably just go to a makeup seminar.





Youtube.com and search ';makeup tutorial'; is a good resort. :)
  • mascara eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment