Monday, April 26, 2010

Whats the right way to apply make up?

I dont really wear make up..and i guess the main reason is because i really dont know the right way to apply it. some people say that the concealer goes after the foundation..others say it goes be4.





i need the steps. AND, is it important to apply moisturizer On?? when wearing make up?








THANK U FOR YOUR HELP + TiME. :]Whats the right way to apply make up?
it doesn't really matter if you put on your concealer before/after your foundation, although i like to put it on before as then i can blend the foundation in and around it easily. i then dust over a light pressed powder BEFORE i apply bronzer or blush, depending on how pale i am!! then i use mascara, lipgloss and sometimes eyeshadow. eyeshadow isn't something you need to wear everyday though, but: if you are wearing it at daytime, i would suggest a lighter colour, and then a darker colour at nighttime. but it's fun to mix that up!!!





my foundation, mascara and some of my eyeshadow is estee lauder, which i love, especially their mascara, but i have a whole bunch of other stuff, including clinique, 17 and benefit. its also a good idea to invest in some regular makeup remover (i like wipes for this) and some different eye makeup remover, as regular stuff can bother some peoples eyes.





hope i helped!!!Whats the right way to apply make up?
Make-up is really what you want it to be. I think spending a ton of time on your actual skin is a waste of time, because most foundations turn your skin white, orange or yellow and aren't good for your skin. The best way to take care of your skin, is just to wash your face twice a day, once at night to get the daily oils off, and I wash my face also in the morning to wake myself up. I have seen peple get oil pads, which are like little washcloths they carry around with them to remove excess oils during the day. I use Olay skin cream, which you wash off, and cetafil skin cream, which you also wash off. When I get zits, I use concealor, but it is better to only apply a little and gently rub it in.





For make-up, my favorite things to use for eyes is eyeshadow, and eyeliner. For eyeliner, I apply some to the bottom of my top lid, and connect it to halfway on the bottom of your eye. Do not put on too much eyeliner or it will be too dramatic! Don't get too dark a shade of eyeliner.





I absolutely love eyeshadow, I always have. My new favorite eyeshadow look is monochromatic. I blend a dark shade of a color into a light shade of a color. For this I use Covergirl eye enhancers. Sometimes when I don't feel like putting on very much, and put a little bit just by the bottom of my top lid. and smudge it a little. My favcorite colors are green, brown, silver, and purple. It really depends on your skin tone. Use brands like MAC, Covergirl, and Smashbox.





Lipgloss, is so easy, and has become an every day thing for me. YOu just need a bunch that are nice and juicy. Find colors you like, also on your skin tone. Apply lip gloss often. Lip gloss is great when you feel dry and chapped, and also makes you feel ghlamorous.





Good luck! Make-up is just for fun, and I'm not one to over-do the make-up. have fun shopping.
vanilla pigment is a loose powder from MAC. go on youtube.com and watch makeup tutorials. they help out alot!
this is what i do..put on moisturizer..because i have dry skin..then i put on liquid foundation...if i have a pimple or something i use concealer only in that area then i use A LITTLE powderover my whole face...but thats only if im going somewhere important..if i not i just use moisturizer and a little foundation..i use cover girl stuff
try this site http://www.myfashionlink.com
I put my concealer on after my foundation, honestly. And yes, because I have dry skin, I also use a moisturizer about ten minutes before I put on any makeup. To set my makeup, I dust some loose powder (colorless/translucent) over it so that it lasts and doesn't rub off.





Sheer foundation means that it gives sheer, or light coverage.





Vanilla Pigment is probably like loose eyeshadow. If I were you, I'd just get a regular pressed eyeshadow if you want one because pigment can be tricky for beginners.





My basic makeup routine consists of foundation, concealer, bronzer, colorless powder to set my makeup for the day, and some black/brown mascara on the top lashes.
I use cover girl , it is wonderful and inexpensive





steps to apply a natural look make-up


1-Apply a concealer that is one shade lighter than your foundation. Dot it on over any blemishes or under-eye circles and blend with your fingertips or a makeup sponge. If your concealer tends to cake, apply eye cream first.





2-Choose foundation that matches your skin tone exactly. Apply it in dots over the central part of your face, then blend it out with a makeup sponge or your fingertips until it covers your entire face





3- Use a loose or pressed powder to keep foundation and concealer on longer.





4-Do your eyebrows next. Use powdered eyebrow shadow on brows instead of pencil, which can often look unnatural. Apply it with a hard, slanted brush.





5- Choose three colors of eye shadow: light, medium and dark. Use the dark only to line your upper eyelid, in a fairly thin line along the upper lashes. Use the medium shade for the crease and the lightest shade for the area under the eyebrow. There are many variations on eye shadow application techniques





6-Apply eyeliner. Use a cake eyeliner with a damp, thin liner brush, or an eyeliner pencil, and line the lower lid below the lashes. Line only the outer two-thirds of the lower lid, or all the way across if you're trying to achieve a darker look. Line all the way across the upper lid (just above the lash line and as close to the lashes as possible), or start the line where your lashes begin.





7- Apply mascara to upper and lower lashes, in two thin coats to avoid clumpiness. Choose brown mascara if your coloring is fair; black or brown-black works well for darker coloring. Or try a colored mascara such as navy or plum for fun, but don't go too bright if you want to be taken seriously.





8- Smile to find the apples of your cheeks, and apply blush to the apples or below, whichever you prefer. If you have to blend in blush, it's too bright.





9-Choose a lipstick color that's suited to your skin tone and that's perfect for your day look. You can mix colors and textures to suit your moods and your outfits





10 - Line lips after applying lipstick, not before. That way you won't end up with a dark circle of lip liner after your lipstick has worn off. Avoid combining very dark lip liner and pale lipstick.





Follow the steps in the order given, and remember to clean and moisturize your face before applying makeup.





Sheer foundation can be a much better makeup choice, as it not only works as a cover-up, it is also an effective moisturizer. If you would like a foundation without the heavy feel of traditional makeups, look no further.








vanilla pigment is a pigment in vanilla color





Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Pigment comes in an excellent range of colours. Use to create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Pigment does not streak or cake, is easy to blend and long-lasting.



I always apply moisturizer before I put on my makeup. It makes the foundation go on a lot more smoothly.





1. Exfoliate and moisturize before applying anything.


2. Choose your foundation. There are powder foundations and liquid foundation. I prefer mineral powder foundation. Apply it with a powder brush in small circles, starting from the cheeks moving in towards your nose. If you choose liquid foundation, put a little on a wedge sponge and blend it upwards towards your ears, making sure to blend it on your neck too so you don't get the dreaded ';foundation line';. Tip: Never pull your face in a way you don't want it to go. Example: You don't want your face to sag down... so don't blend your makeup downwards.


3. If you need concealer, dab a little on the spot then blend it in with a wedge sponge.


4. Apply blush. You'll need a blush brush for this. Swirl the brush into the blush and shake off the excess. Smile, and apply the blush to the apples of the cheeks (the fleshy parts that stick out when you smile). This will give you a natural look.


5. Next are the eyes. Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler (they aren't scary, I promise). Put a thin coat of mascara on the top lashes only. Tip: bend your mascara wand at a 45 degree angle when you take it out of the tube. This makes it easier to put on. To apply the mascara, start the mascara wand at the base of the eyelashes, then kind of ';wiggle'; it upwards, so it'll coat every lash well. If you have light skin or blue eyes, brown mascara will make your eyes pop. Black may look too harsh on light skin.


6. If you want eyeliner, I'm not the one to ask for that. I don't wear it and I don't know how to put it on correctly, lol.


7. For eyeshadow, pick a color that will compliment your eyes. If you have blue eyes, choose blue, copper or taupe shades. If you have green eyes, plum shade look really nice. If you have brown eyes, use browns and lavenders. If you have hazel eyes, use pinks. Never apply eyeshadow past the crease of your eye unless you're going for a really dramatic look. Otherwise you'll look like a clown.





On a daily basis I wear Mary Kay mineral foundation, Rimmel blush, Rimmel Volume Flash Mousse mascara (in brown) and Rimmel eyeshadow (in a taupe color). Then I'll finish off my look with some tinted lip gloss from C.O. Bigelow (Bath and Body Works).

No comments:

Post a Comment