Monday, April 26, 2010

Why do i find watching people draw/paint/ apply make-up so relaxing?

I mean noone else finds it relaxing.Why do i find watching people draw/paint/ apply make-up so relaxing?
I know what you mean, I find it very theraputic too.





I think it's the way it can pull you into concentrating on what they're expressing or communicating. There is something quite fulfilling about creating art, and also marvelling at their skills - to go from blank page to a lovely finished painting is a beautiful process to watch. :)





Edit: also watching someone expressively sweep broad strokes of colour on a canvass/paper, to be followed with very sensitive feathery light brush stokes is... kind of emotional! Like feelings are being transferred through the brush/pencil.Why do i find watching people draw/paint/ apply make-up so relaxing?
By chance, were you one of those little girls who made a ritual out of watching Mama or some other caregiver putting on their make-up?





Mostly, I'd say, ';Why ask why?'; It is enough that it is cheaper than meds. Probably has fewer side-effects, too.
Sometimes I like to apply make-up too just to relax and hang out but that is also because I don't really wear much make-up out so I like to play with it and do cool things.
Is it possible that you have some interest in these hobbies that watching others do it gives you a great amount of peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment